DAY 01 : Arrival,Anuradhpura
Arrival & Air Port Pickup, Leave to Anuradhapura via Chilaw.
Visit Munneswaram & Manavari temples. Overnight stay at
DAY 02 : Jaffna
After early Breakfast Procced to Jaffna en-route Mannar.
Visit Thirukethiswaram Temple. Overnight Stay at Jaffna
DAY 03 : Trincomalee
After Breakfast, visit Nallur Kandasamy Temple & Naguleswarm Temple.
Procceed to Trincomalee
DAY 04 : Kandy
After early breakfast, proceed to Kandy via Dambulla. Visit Dambulla Rock/Cave Temple. At Kandy visit Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic. Overnight stay at Kandy
DAY 05 : Katargama
After Breakfast, proceed to Nuwara Eliaya. Visit Baktha Hanuman Temple (Ramboda), Sita Amman Temple. Proceed to Kataragama. Overnight stay at Kataragama
DAY 06 : Colombo
Enroute: Ella & Rawana Falls. Kataragama (Katirkamam) God Skanda (Lord Karthikeya or Murugan) Temple
DAY 07 : Colombo
After Breakfast visit Kataragama (Katirkamam) God Skanda (Lord Karthikeya or Murugan) Temple. Proceed to Colombo. Colombo City Tour & Shopping. Overnight at Colombo
DAY 08 : Departure
Airport Transfer - Departure. *** END OF TOUR ***
Airport / Chilaw / Anuradhapura / Jaffna /
Trincomalee / Dambulla / Kandy / Nuwara Eliya / Kataragama / Galle /
City tour of Colombo
No of Adults
Price per Person
| 2 Pax
| 3 - 5 Pax
| 6 - 7 Pax
| 8 - 13 Pax
Legendary Ramayana Trail Highlights in Sri Lanka
· Munneswaram Kovil : After his victorious battle, Lord Rama left for Ayodhya, in one of King Ravana’s vimanas (flying carriages). He felt that he was being followed by the Brahmana Hatya Dosham as he killed King Ravana who was a Brahmin. According to the Legend, when he came to this place (where Munneswaram temple located) he felt the Brahmana Hatya Dosham is not following him, so he stopped the vimana and asked God Shiva for a remedy. God Shiva blessed Lord Rama and advised him to install four lingams in different locations and pray to them to get rid of the Dosham.
· Manavari Sivan Kovil : According to the legend, Manavari is the first lingam installed and prayed by Lord Rama to get rid of the Brahmana Hatya Dosham. This lingam is called as Ramalinga Shivan.
· Thiruketheeswaram Kovil : It is said that the second Siva lingam was installed here. This temple was built by Mayan, the father-in-law of King Ravana.
· Nallur Kandaswamy Kovil or Nallur Murugan Kovil : is one of the most significant Hindu temples in the Jaffna District. It stands in the town of Nallur. The presiding deity is Lord Murugan in the form of the holy Vel. The idol of the Nallur Devi or goddess was given to the temple in the 10th century CE by the Chola queen Sembiyan Mahadevi, in the style of Sembian bronzes
· Koneshwaram Temple : The Koneshwaram Temple believed to be the last site where Lord Rama offered tribute (Pooja) to get rid of the Brahmana Hatya Dosham. Many believe that this Temple was built by Sage (Rishi) Agastya and was referred as the ‘Kailash of the South’ (Dakshina Kailasam).
· Bhakta Hanuman Temple, Ramboda : Legend says that this is one of the locations where Lord Hanuman searched for Sita devi. The ‘Sita Tear Pond’ which is located nearby is said to be formed from Sita devi’s tears. Sri Bhaktha Hanuman temple was built by the Chinmaya mission with Lord Hanuman as the presiding deity.
· Sita Amman temple, Sita Eliya : Situated close proximity to the Hakgala Gardens. According to the legend, Sita devi bathed in the stream near the temple, during her stay at Ashoka Vatika. There are also several footprints (small and large) in the stones by the stream which are said to be Lord Hanuman’s. There is a temple erected for Lord Rama, Sita devi, Luxshmana and Lord Hanuman by the side of this stream.
· Karatagama or Kathirkamam (Lord Karthikeya Temple) : This is the temple of Lord Karthikeya (Lord Subramaniam or Murugan or Skandha) situated at deep south of Sri Lanka. As per the legend, Lord Karthikeya was linked to Ramayana as he was requested to go to the battlefield by Lord Indra on the last day of war to protect Lord Rama from the destruction of Brahmastra (powerful weapon created by Brahma) used by King Ravana. Due to the presence of Lord Karthikeya, the weapon Brahmastra did not bring harm to Lord Rama.