This essential 2-day Cruise from Bangkok to Ayutthaya and back brings takes you to the highlights of the ancient capital.
Founded in the fourteen Century by king U-Thong, Ayutthaya became one of the mightiest and biggest cities in Asia. Under the reign of King Naresuan, by end of Sixteen Century, Ayutthaya controlled a huge territory including Lanna, part of actual Burma and Cambodia.. During its Golden Age (Seventeen Century), big European or Asian nations like Japan, China, Portugal or France had close relationship with Siam. King of France, Louis XIV sent permanent envoys, who settled a French counter down in Ayutthaya whereas Siamese ambassadors were sent to Versailles.
An attack of Burmese army by end of the Eighteen century marks the doomsday of Ayutthaya. After the city was completely sacked, the court migrated southwards and settled down definitely in Bangkok, where they founded their new capital.
Ayutthaya was listed as World Heritage by UNESCO en 1991. The ruins reflect well the glorious past of the city and a full day is necessary to visit the main temples.
This exceptional cruise, sailing slowly on the rhythm of a traditional rice barge, will bring you back in Time between Bangkok and Ayutthaya. You will stop here and there to discover some of the daily life Of riverside inhabitants, or will admire some of the highlights punctuating the journey. It's simply An experience you can't get from just driving around the area.
DAY 01 : Meals: - / - / D
- 13h30 Pick-up at your hotel (downtown Bangkok) or Bangkok airport (end morning arrival) & Transfer to the pier
- 14h30 Departure of the cruise
- Whilst sailing the river up to Ayutthaya, you will enjoy superb Bangkok historical highlights on both sides of the river
- Smooth sailing upriver the whole afternoon
- Mooring at the pier of a little village on the very banks of the river
- Enjoying the sunset from the deck while the chef will prepare a delicious dinner
- Overnight on board
DAY 02 : Meals: B / L / -
- Optional early wake-up call (6:30am) to attend the alms giving to Buddhists monks in the village
- Sailing up continues while breakfast is being served
- Mooring at the Summer Palace of Bang Pa In & welcome by your private English speaking guide
- Visit the main pavilions of the summer palace and the neo-gothic monastery on opposite river bank
- Lunch in local restaurant
- Visit 3 main temples in Ayutthaya
* Wat Mahathat
* Phra Si Sanphet
* Wat Chai Wattanram
- Journey back to Bangkok - Drop off at your hotel in downtown Bangkok (late afternoon/early evening)
City tour of Bangkok
Bangkok Historical Highlights
Phra Si Sanphet
Wat Chai Wattanram